There are many potential reasons why your skin may not be clearing up, even with the right skincare routine. Some possible causes include:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal fluctuations can cause acne breakouts, particularly in women during their menstrual cycle.
- Genetics: Some people are more prone to acne due to genetics.
- Diet: Consuming certain foods, such as those high in sugar or dairy, can cause acne flare-ups.
- Medications: Certain medications can cause acne as a side effect.
- Environmental factors: Exposure to pollution, high humidity, or very hot or cold temperatures can cause acne.
- Not using the right skincare products: Your skin may not be responding to the products you’re using, it’s important to use the right products for your skin type.
- Not being consistent: It takes time for your skin to adjust to new products and a new routine, it’s important to be consistent with your skincare routine.
- Underlying medical conditions: Some underlying medical conditions such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) or Hormonal Imbalances can cause acne.
It’s important to consult with a dermatologist if you’re having trouble clearing your skin. They can help you identify the cause of your acne and develop a personalized treatment plan for you.