The highest paying job in computer engineering varies depending on factors such as location, company size, and level of experience. However, some of the highest paying jobs in computer engineering include:
- Hardware Engineer: Hardware engineers design, develop, and test computer systems and components such as processors, circuit boards, memory devices, and networking equipment. They can earn an average salary of $115,120 per year.
- Embedded Systems Engineer: Embedded systems engineers design and develop computer systems that are integrated into other products, such as automobiles and medical devices. They can earn an average salary of $120,950 per year.
- Computer Network Architect: Computer network architects design and implement computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and the Internet. They can earn an average salary of $112,690 per year.
- Software Development Manager: These managers lead teams of software developers and are responsible for the overall design and development of software products. They can earn an average salary of $135,000 per year.
- Systems Engineer: Systems engineers work on the design and development of complex systems, including hardware, software, and network components. They can earn an average salary of $97,730 per year.
It’s important to note that salary can vary greatly depending on the location, company, and level of experience and these numbers should be taken as an estimate.