Some herbs that are typically recommended to avoid during pregnancy include:
- Parsley: It is believed to stimulate menstruation and could cause a miscarriage.
- Rosemary: It can cause contractions in the uterus and lead to miscarriage.
- Sage: High doses of Sage in pregnancy can cause contractions in the uterus and lead to bleeding.
- Thyme: It can cause miscarriage and preterm labor if consumed in large amounts.
- Pennyroyal: It can cause uterine contractions and lead to abortion.
- Black Cohosh: It can cause uterine contractions and may lead to premature labour.
- Blue Cohosh: It has been known to stimulate contractions and cause premature labor.
- Wild Yam: It can cause contractions in the uterus and lead to miscarriage.
It is important to note that these herbs should be avoided during pregnancy, and it is best to consult with a healthcare professional before consuming any herbs during pregnancy.