The specific software that your Mac should have will depend on your specific needs and the types of tasks you plan to perform. However, here are some essential software that most Mac users should consider having:
- Operating System: Make sure your Mac has the latest version of macOS, the operating system that runs on Macs.
- Backup software: Time Machine is the built-in backup software that comes with macOS and it is a good option to ensure your data is safe.
- Productivity Suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, or Google Workspace are popular productivity suites that include programs like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, which can be very useful for creating documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Internet Browser: Safari is the default browser on Macs, but you may also want to consider Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
- Antivirus software: Macs are less vulnerable to malware than Windows computers, but it’s still a good idea to have antivirus software installed to protect your computer from any kind of malware.
- Communication software: Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, or Slack are some popular communication software that can be used for video conferencing, chat, and voice calls.
- Media players: iTunes is the default media player on Macs, but you may also want to consider VLC or Spotify.
- Cloud storage: iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive are some popular cloud storage options that allow you to store and access your files from anywhere.
- Graphic design software: Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Affinity Designer, Figma, CorelDRAW are some popular graphic design software that can be used for creating and editing images, illustrations, and graphics.
It’s important to note that the specific software you choose will depend on your individual needs and the types of tasks you plan to perform on your Mac.