Employers look for different software skills depending on the specific job and the industry. However, there are some software skills that are commonly sought after by employers across various industries:
- Database management: Experience with database management systems such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server is highly valued by employers.
- Cloud computing: Knowledge of cloud computing technologies such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud is in high demand as more and more companies are moving to cloud-based solutions.
- Agile development: Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and Lean, is highly sought after by employers.
- Mobile development: Experience in mobile app development for iOS and Android platforms are highly valued by employers.
- Project management: Experience with project management tools and methodologies such as Jira, Trello, and Scrum is highly sought after by employers.
- Software development tools: Experience with software development tools such as Git, GitHub, and Visual Studio Code is highly valued by employers.
- Quality assurance: Experience with software testing and quality assurance tools such as Selenium, JUnit, and TestNG is highly valued by employers.
- Cybersecurity: Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and experience with security tools such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems and encryption are highly valued by employers as more and more companies are concerned about data security and privacy.
It’s important to note that the specific software skills that employers look for will depend on the specific job and the industry, and it’s always best to check the job requirements and tailor your resume accordingly. Additionally, it’s important to continue learning new software skills and stay current with the latest technologies to stay competitive in the job market.