If your period leaks at school, there are a few things you can do:
- Have extra menstrual products on hand: Keep some extra pads or tampons in your backpack or locker in case of unexpected leaks.
- Change your menstrual product as soon as possible: If you notice a leak, change your pad or tampon as soon as possible to minimize the chance of staining your clothing.
- Wear dark colored clothing: If you’re concerned about leaks showing through your clothing, wear darker colored clothing on heavy flow days.
- Use a menstrual cup or period panty: Menstrual cups or period panty can be a good option for school because they can provide a higher level of protection, and you can wear them for a longer time without having to change them.
- Communicate with your school nurse: You should let your school nurse know if you have any concerns or needs, they could provide you with extra supplies and help you with any other issues you may have.
It’s important to remember that menstruation is a normal bodily function and there is no need to feel embarrassed or ashamed. It’s always best to be prepared and have a plan in place in case of unexpected leaks.