If your period is not coming, it is important to speak with a healthcare provider to determine the cause and develop an appropriate treatment plan. Some possible causes of a missed period include:
- Pregnancy: A missed period can be a sign of pregnancy.
- Hormonal imbalances: Hormonal imbalances can cause changes in the menstrual cycle and can lead to missed periods.
- Certain medications: Certain medications, such as birth control pills, can affect the menstrual cycle and cause missed periods.
- Stress: Stress can disrupt the hormonal balance and lead to missed periods.
- Weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain can also affect the menstrual cycle and lead to missed periods.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or thyroid disorders: These conditions can cause hormonal imbalances and can lead to missed periods.
It’s important to seek medical attention if you have missed a period and to rule out pregnancy. A healthcare professional will be able to give you a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.