To drive a manual car, you will need to learn how to use the clutch, shift gears, and use the gas and brake pedals.
- Start the car and press the brake pedal with your right foot.
- Shift the gear lever into first gear.
- Release the handbrake and press the gas pedal slightly with your right foot while slowly releasing the clutch pedal with your left foot.
- As the car begins to move, continue to release the clutch pedal until it is fully pressed down.
- Once the car is moving, you can shift into higher gears using the gear lever and the clutch.
- To slow down or stop the car, press the brake pedal with your right foot.
- To come to a complete stop, press the clutch pedal with your left foot and shift the gear lever into neutral.
It is important to note that learning to drive a manual car takes practice and patience. It may take some time for you to get used to the feel of the clutch and the gears. It’s always better to learn under professional guidance.