There are several things you can do to make your period go by faster:
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help reduce menstrual cramps and shorten the duration of your period.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen or naproxen can help alleviate menstrual cramps and reduce the duration of your period.
- Heat therapy: Applying a heating pad or hot water bottle to your lower abdomen can help relieve menstrual cramps and make your period go by faster.
- Relaxation techniques: Stress can prolong your period, so practicing relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, or deep breathing can help shorten the duration of your period.
- Diet: Eating a balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help regulate your menstrual cycle and reduce the duration of your period.
- Hormonal birth control: Birth control pills, patches, and hormonal intrauterine devices can help regulate your menstrual cycle, making it shorter and lighter, and also can make it more predictable.
Keep in mind that every woman’s menstrual cycle is different, and what works for one person may not work for another. If you have concerns about your menstrual cycle, it’s best to speak with a healthcare provider for personalized advice.